Here at Arturo R. Alfonso, P.A., we set out to help all our clients with family Court. Family law can be a stressful, complex ordeal to go through, which is why a family attorney is exactly who you need to help you best handle the situations you’re faced with. If you need a family lawyer in Miami, then you’re our neighbor, and we would be happy to support you with your family law case, but before you go to Court, there are some myths about family law we’d like to debunk.
Myths Surrounding Family Law
If you’re headed into a family law case, you may have certain preconceived notions about what to expect. Some of these may be true, but others might be completely false. It’s important to get a firm grasp on the reality of what you should expect when going into family Court, otherwise you might be blindsided by unexpected results. Here’s are a few myths we can debunk:
- Divorces are always split evenly
- Not all divorce cases are split down the middle. There are various factors that are taken into consideration, such as future needs, financial contributions to assets, and non-financial contributions to the marriage itself. If you put in little or no contributions, you will likely walk away with less.
- Loans are only paid by the one who took them out
- This is only true for loans taken for individual use. Otherwise, you could still be obligated to make payments for loans even if they weren’t taken out in your name.
- Properties of sole registration won’t be considered for asset division
- Believe it or not, just because only one person has registration of a property doesn’t mean it’s owned by them alone. If the property was purchased while you were married, it will still belong to each party.
- Only the divorcee with fault will be obligated to pay existing fees
- If someone in a marriage is considered at fault of something and must make payments, these payments could still be considered during the divorce depending on the state you’re in. Some states are no-fault divorce states, and payments could be split up.
Why Should You Seek A Family Lawyer in Miami?
When it comes to family law, there are many vital factors riding on your performance in the case. When you have things like the custody of your child depending on a family Court case, the best thing you can do is have the help of a family lawyer who’s experienced and well-versed in family law on your side. They’ll have the knowledge and expertise to give you the best odds at winning that custody, or in other cases, walking away with the assets you’re looking to claim from the marriage. Most of us don’t have this knowledge or experience to give us the edge we’re looking for, and if your ex spouse has hired their own family lawyer, you’ll be fighting against the odds.
Maybe you aren’t handling a divorce case, but are dealing with probate law instead. While you’re probating the estate, there are many important factors you’ll need to focus on. If you fail to do so correctly, the person you’re leaving in charge of your estate could be held responsible for those mistakes. In these cases, a probate lawyer is exactly who you need to make this process as smooth as possible.
Contact Us for a Family Attorney
Are you in need of a family attorney in Miami? If so, Arturo R. Alfonso, P.A. has the experience and the passion to be there for you. You can trust you’ll be in the hands of the best family lawyer in Miami to handle your case, and with a lot of important factors riding these types of cases, you’ll want the best help you can get. This is what will give you the best chances at walking away with what you’re looking for. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you with your family law case.