Divorce can be a stressful process depending on the circumstances, and this event affects your life forever. It’s always worth it to take the time to choose the best divorce attorney in Miami for optimum results, this is where Arturo R. Alfonso P. A specializes in. The thumb rule is not to hire the first lawyer you meet. Be sure to meet a few face to face to ask as many questions as possible, including their qualifications and experience. The ideal attorney not only gives a strong court representation but also offers the best legal advice that could make or break your case. We have compiled the most crucial questions to ask before settling on a divorce attorney.
The Top 10 Must-Ask Questions For Your Divorce Attorney Miami
- Have you handled divorce cases before? If you have, is it your specialty or part of the many family law cases you handle? Most importantly, are you a certified divorce attorney, and how long have you practiced family law? Do you have any special experience that’s relevant to my case? Have you handled child custody before? (Check out the Florida child support guidelines if applicable.)
- What is your success rate to date?
- Do you have the time to handle my divorce case? If yes, how soon can you start working on it?
- Do you formulate strategies for your cases? How long can my case last in court?
- How can I communicate with you when I have a question or issue that needs addressing? If it’s phone calls, how fast do you return your clients’ calls? How fast do you respond to emails? What are the reasons you would deem fit for your clients to reach you unexpectedly?
- Will you work on my case alone? If anyone else from your office will work on my case, how experienced are they, and what work will they do? Can I meet them beforehand?
- What are your rates? Do you charge on an hourly basis? How often will you bill me? And when will my payments be due? Will you also charge for time spent with other attorneys, paralegals, or secretaries?
- Are there additional fees, expenses, and costs that I should expect? Do you work with other professionals like private investigators, physicians, or forensic accountants? How much do you charge your clients for the additional help?
- Can you estimate the total cost of my divorce settlement? (It is important to note that this is often a difficult question since it can be hard to predict the conflict in your circumstance. But that doesn’t mean you can let them off easily. Pay attention to how they answer. A family attorney in Miami is primarily interested in securing your case, and money will be estimated at a lower amount.)
- Do you allow clients to perform certain tasks of their divorce? If so, will this minimize the total costs?
- Having known about my case, what’s the likely settlement in your experience? What problems could cause a delay in my case or affect the judge’s ruling?
Unsure if you need a divorce lawyer?
Taking precautions to hire the right divorce attorney in Miami can save you a headache down the road. At Arturo R. Alfonso P.A., we are always ready to answer any questions you may have to ease your mind, so you can feel confident about our legal advice and services. We have 25 years of experience working on diverse family law cases, attracting favorable rulings to our clients. Contact us today to secure the best verdict!