Are you looking for more information when it comes to child support and how it works? Maybe there are some grey areas that you need a little light shed on. Here at Arturo R. Alfonso, our child support lawyer is here to answer any questions you may have. This also includes how health insurance costs are adjusted. Our family attorney wants to make sure to have everything you need. Miami families trust us!
How Health Insurance Is Affected
- Parents Covered by Health Insurance
- Parents who are covered by health insurance, whether government-sponsored or employer-based, are legally required to make sure that that plan also covers their kids. Coverage must last until the children are no longer eligible for insurance protection. When parents are married, this is fairly simple to guarantee. When parents get divorced, things can become more complicated.
- After a divorce, parents are required to keep their kids on their healthcare plan. Parents may only stop coverage if the premiums and plan become cost-prohibitive. California law explains that a plan will be considered “cost-prohibitive” if it exceeds 5 percent of a parent’s gross income.
- If parents fail to keep their children covered by health insurance, they can face some serious legal consequences. Since health insurance is required by law, shirking this responsibility will be considered a breach of child support obligations. This can result in criminal consequences, civil penalties, and well as have a negative impact on custodial rights.
- Parents Not Covered by Health Insurance
- A growing number of people are not covered by health insurance. Sometimes this is a personal choice, and sometimes it is the result of an unfortunate turn of events. When you get divorced, the court handling your dispute will review your financial situation and determine whether you can afford to purchase health insurance for your children. If it is not cost-prohibitive, you can be ordered to enroll your child in a health care program. In California, courts may also direct parents to certain government-sponsored health care programs that can be useful in offsetting (or eliminating) the burdensome costs of insurance.
We Are The Best Child Support Lawyer
The law firm of Arturo R. Alfonso P.A. has provided legal service to the Miami, FL area for more than 25 years. Arturo Alfonso offers personalized, committed legal representation at competitive rates. Local residents continue to choose Arturo R. Alfonso’s law firm for superior attention to detail and unparalleled customer service.
Call Us Today!
Are you aware of all the adjustments when it comes to child support? Arturo R. Alfonso, P.A. is made of experienced divorce lawyers Miami. When it comes to child support in Florida, our family attorney has you covered. Dealing with a child support lawyer should not be so stressful, and we are here to help. Call or visit us today for more information on our divorce attorney near me. We are a family attorney that is here for you during this tough time. Check out our Miami family law attorney today. Be sure to check out our Miami family law attorney free consultation.