Child support is a very complicated process, especially if you don’t know what you are doing. There are many misconceptions and myths that are tied to the process, due to individuals not truly understanding how it works. Here at Arturo R. Alfonso, P.A., our child support lawyer is here to make sure you are aware of the myths behind child support. Our family attorney is located in Miami.
Check Out These Myths
- Paying child support is not all that common.
- In cases where parents have joint custody, child support payments are not required from either parent.
- Child support payments are tax deductible.
- When a child turns 18, child support immediately stops.
- Once the children turn 18, back child support can no longer be collected.
- Child support payments must be spent only on the children.
- If the parent who pays child support purposely quits his or her job, the child support payments will be lowered.
- Child support is made final during the divorce proceedings.
- Child support is nothing more than a payment made every month.
- If I remarry, I won’t have to continue to pay child support.
- Only fathers must pay child support.
- The divorcing couple can pick the amount of child support they deem fair.
- The parent who pays child support is entitled to claim the child as a tax exemption.
- Child support modification is easy to get.
- Legitimately losing a job and being unable to pay support will land the paying parent in jail.
- Moving to another state allows the paying parent to avoid child support.
- Child support payments are set in stone once determined by the court.
Check Out Our Child Support Lawyer
The law firm of Arturo R. Alfonso P.A. has provided legal service to the Miami, FL area for more than 25 years. Arturo Alfonso offers personalized, committed legal representation at competitive rates. Local residents continue to choose Arturo R. Alfonso’s law firm for superior attention to detail and unparalleled customer service.
Our law firm specializes in a variety of legal areas including litigation, real estate law, divorce settlements, and civil mediation. We help individuals, and businesses file for bankruptcy when the time is right. Arturo R. Alfonso, P.A., is focused on other financial issues involving wills, trusts, and more.
Arturo R. Alfonso P.A. is a member of the Cuban American Bar Association and the US District Court. Attorney Alfonso is also a respected member of the Florida Bar Association, associated with the Family Law and Real Estate branches.
Call Our Family Attorney Today
Are you aware of all the myths that come with child support? Arturo R. Alfonso, P.A. is made of experienced child support lawyer. When it comes to filing for divorce in Florida, our family attorney has you covered. Dealing with divorce should not be so stressful, and we are here to help. Call or visit us today for more information, Miami. We are a family attorney that is here for you during this tough time. Check out our Miami family law attorney today.